Monday, March 21, 2016

Post #8

     After reading Chapter 12, I believe 3D printing will be making a lot more appearances in schools as we see technology advance.  There are so many cool and useful things that the 3D printer can make.  I saw an article online that one boy 3D printed his own braces, only for the price of $60, which can really benefit schools, considering that is pretty cheap compared to the actual cost of braces.  I truly do believe that 3D printers are going to make a huge difference in the school system one day.
     The podcast we had to listen to discusses the digital divide.  I believe I am on the side with the most technology.  I do luckily have a lot of access to technology, such as television, phones and computers.  However, the other side isn't as economically and socially advanced to be a part of this side, and doesn't have access to as much technology as we do.  The digital divide can affect the future classroom I hopefully one day will teach in by displaying the different types of technology that the students have access to.  Some students will have a cell phone or a tablet/computer, while others may not.  Hopefully the school I teach in will have enough money to fund the students and provide laptops or computers for them to work on in class.
     After doing the PowerPoint project, I learned several new skills that can be useful for future projects and presentations such as making animations and inserting tables.  These skills can be used for my future lesson plans in a classroom.  I liked the project as a whole, it was very easy.  There wasn't really anything that I disliked about the project.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment