Monday, March 28, 2016

Post #9

    The flipped classroom is an interesting technique to use in a school.  This is when the students do all of the viewings and lectures at home, by watching short videos explaining the material.  Then the students devote their class time to working on projects and other assignments or discussions.  When using this type of classroom setting, chat programs, discussion forums and other social media objects (like blogs and wikis) all come into play and play a huge role.  Students can access all of these items at home, where the flipped classroom setting takes place.
     Most web-based resources are official and scholarly sites that use accurate information to support your lesson plans.  As a teacher, I would hope to use sites such as PBS (if I do end up working with younger kids), or any valid sites that end in .org, which usually supply informational data that can be found accurate.
     After completing the PowerPoint project, I have learned the new skills of the hyperlink/action button tool.  This is a simple tool to use, and can be very useful if I need to make a quiz or a jeopardy game.  I liked this assignment, more so than some of the other assignments we've had to do in this class.  There wasn't really anything that I didn't like about the assignment.  In the future, maybe I can add more questions for my students to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment