Monday, February 8, 2016

Post #3

    After reading through the ELA Standards, I have a couple of points to make.  Because I would like to be a teacher for elementary school, I focused more on the standards that involve the lower grade levels.  Looking at the L.5 Section, "Vocabulary: Use Context Clues",  I've heard this so many times throughout grade school.  For the grade levels 2-3, the standards tell you to sound out the words, and define them using a glossary, which is something that we still use all the time today! For the standard titled "Use Technology", when I became a teacher one day, I will need to prepare to learn how to use then newest technologies used in the school systems at the time.
     When I read chapter 9, I came across a few types of technology that I would consider using with my students such as wikis, blogs, and videos to describe my lesson plans.  As for the digital citizenship concepts, I will use the guidelines that discuss copyright laws (to make sure my students do not get in any trouble), and that when using media to always protect their own personal information.  For the age group that will be using these guidelines, I hope to aim for students that are in elementary school, as I said previously!

     After doing the newsletter design, I learned how to use new skills such as making paragraphs into different columns and inserting clip art.  I liked how we could write the newsletter on anything, and really get creative with the project.  I can improve it next time by writing longer articles, maybe for an older grade level.  This newsletter project can be used in the future by people who want to be teachers like myself, to send home to parents or the students!

2 comments:

  1. I like that we were able to show our creative side when making our newsletters too. It allows us to have free reign just like we will have when it comes time for us to be teachers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Valentines day party idea sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete