Monday, February 1, 2016

Post #2

     As a student, I've used MS Word for almost all of my projects and papers.  It is extremely convenient and easy to use and maneuver once you've learned how to use it.  My teachers have also used it in almost everything, but instead they've transferred it to things such as a PDF so we can't edit what their documents say.  My teachers throughout grade school also have used Word to show us how to write in APA or MLA format, which is often used in college, and has better prepared me.
     In my life, I've always had to deal with copyright and fair use materials.  Throughout high school, plagiarism and copyrighting is a big deal, and becomes an even bigger deal when entering college.  These materials can become very important in an educational environment when it comes to turning in assignments.  One has to make sure sources are properly cited.  As a teacher, I would constantly stress that is important to never steal anyone else's work, and if you do decide to take from someone else, make sure all credit is given to them.
     Because I had a Twitter before this class, there weren't really any new skills for me to learn.  However, I think Twitter is a great way to see what's going on in the world and to get in touch with your students.  I've had plenty of teachers in high school who used Twitter to talk to students and answer any questions that they might have had.  It is a lot quicker and more sufficient than e-mail!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I am glad to hear that your high school made such a big deal about plagiarism and copyrighting. Many students come to college have no idea about either topic.

    ReplyDelete