Monday, February 29, 2016

Post #6

     Because I know that my old high school has a website, I decided to visit it.  The school name is Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and is obviously grade levels 9-12.  Some of the information that is publicly available are the contact numbers for the school, news, information, sports, and even the school calendar year.  Things that require password are the grade-book to check test scores, graduation information, and other things such as lunch numbers.
     I do want to pursue a career in teaching.  To do this, technology will play a huge role.  I hope to use technology to teach my students things in the most creative way possible.  Hopefully, by the time I do become a teacher, there will be new technologies out that are more virtual and interactive.  Just like the Oculus Rift we observed at the Tech Sandbox, I hope to let my students take virtual tours and explore things in the future.
     After working on the new assignment, I now know how to use pbworks.  This can be very handy, although, I would prefer to use a different website next time.  This is because it locks people out when multiple people want to work on something.  I would prefer to edit something at the same time as someone else, because this saves a ton of time.  I hope to use a different type of website in the future for my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment