Monday, February 15, 2016

Post #4

     The standard I have chosen to discuss is the standard that falls under Social Studies.  The name of the standard is SS.912.A and it falls under the American History topic, specifically talking about causes and effects of the Civil War.  I found a website of a teacher that illustrates these causes and effects: http://mrnussbaum.com/civil-war/causes/.  Students can use both this standard and the website to learn just exactly how the Civil War started, and what the outcome of the war was.
     For as long as I've been using the computer, I've always found resources to be very useful, and have found almost exactly what I've been looking for.  Sometimes it takes a whole lot of digging for me to find the answer online.  Compared to the methods in the podcast, I usually just take the time to dig through Google pages until I find the answer.
     I never really used Google scholar to find informational articles until the Webhunt.  This is definitely a new skill I will use from now on.  There weren't really any surprises that I found going into and coming out of the Webhunt!  It was just a little time consuming.  Webhunt challenges I have created:
1.  You are teaching your students how to compare and contrast information.  Find a website that allows you to create Venn Diagrams.
2.  You are teaching your students on the history of the Civil War.  Find a website that shows a timeline of events of the Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment